I was so excited to see all the amazing workshops that were posted in the Food Policy Spring Update! You can see the full list here, but I wanted to highlight the following because they look especially cool:
- Saturday March 7 – Sunday, March 8, 2009 – Local Food Security and Starting your own Community Garden in Vancouver
- Wednesday, March 18, 2009 – Micro Food Processing – NEW
- Monday, March 23 – Soil Basics
- Monday, March 23, 2009 – Urban Agriculture – Soil and the City – NEW
- Wednesday, May 6, 2009 – In the Garden: How Urban Gardening is Building a Citizens’ Movement – NEW
Check out the Greater Vancouver Community Gardens site. It’s a social network for all of us out there involved in community gardens or looking to start new ones. It’s updated regularily, and I think it will make a grea hub for information on Vancouver’s gardens!